31 March 2013

I'm astonished!

To all my friends in genealogy - thank you for all your kind words about my blog! I write this blog for myself (to keep a record of my research); for my family (because I am now the oldest in my immediate family  - I want to make sure my family knows who came before us to help shape who we are); and for anyone else who may be related - by name or by the passion for researching the past. To find my blog so welcomed into the greater genealogy community means a lot to me. A place that I actually fit in!

Please know that I am aware of each of you out there, and am grateful that you have acknowledged my blog. If I can help you in any way with the people or places that I write about, please send me a note. I will be happy to hear from you!

Sally

5 comments:

  1. Sally, you know you have many a kindred spirit in this quest to preserve the stories and memories of our families. There are many who totally relate to what you are doing with your blog. Here's hoping that, by posting bit by bit on a regular basis, you find your blog becomes the instrument for uniting branches of your family that you may not even have met before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, I learn so much from people in this genealogy community. Jacqi Stevens who commented (above) has a great blog. I'm amazed at her writing style.

    Regards, Grant

    http://thestephensherwoodletters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we ought to follow each others bogs.

    Regards, Grant

    http://thestephensherwoodletters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally,

    Welcome to GeneaBloggers! It's a great community filled with helpful and friendly fellow genealogy bloggers.

    Best regards,

    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sally,

    I want to let you know that your blog is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/04/follow-fridayfab-finds-for-april-12-2013.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Are we really related? I'd love to know more about that!Please leave contact information when you comment.